Stephen practices in common law and personal injury matters and is a nationally accredited mediator.
Stephen appears in:
- Serious injury applications;
- Common law damages trials;
- Common law appellate matters;
- Public liability matters;
- Medical negligence cases; and
- Torts matters generally.
Stephen appears in the County Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
He prepares paperwork and advice in all his listed areas of specialty.
Stephen accepts briefs in the areas of general Commercial Law, Property, Planning and Sports Law.
Stephen is a nationally accredited mediator and he conducts mediations in his chosen fields of practice.
Stephen read with Chris Winneke QC. Prior to coming to the Bar, Stephen practiced capital markets law in London at DLA Piper LLP and Allen & Overy LLP. Prior to that, Stephen worked at Maddocks in the Property and Construction group.
- Member – AFL Tribunal Appeal Board.
- Chair – Ballarat International Foto Biennale.
Victorian Bar Committee Memberships
- Committee member – Common Law Bar Association.
- Committee member – Art and Collections Committee.
Court of Appeal
- Harris v DJD Earthmoving Pty Ltd  VSCA 188; led by James Mighell QC.
- Srbinovski v Americold Logistics Ltd  VSCA 139; led by then Andrew Keogh SC.
- Cardona v William Adams Pty Ltd  VSC; led by Jamie Gorton QC.
- Pavlis v APS Group Transport Pty Ltd & Ors  VSC; led by John Richards SC.
- Lepp v Mars Australia Pty Ltd & Anor  VSC; led by John Philbrick QC.
- Motteram v Yarra Ranges Shire Council  VSC; led by John Richards SC.
- Greenwood v State of Victoria  VSC; led by Tim Tobin SC.
- Harris v DJD Earthmoving Pty Ltd (No. 2)  VCC 901; led by James Mighell QC.
- Shane Patten v Macban Pty Ltd & Ors  VCC; public liability; unled.
- Fudim v Monash University 2016 VCC 1641; led by James Mighell QC.
- Cicek v Moss Products Pty Ltd  VCC; led by Richard McGarvie QC.
- Slater v Spotless Services Australia Pty Ltd & Or  VCC; led by David Purcell.
- Ford v Woolworths Limited  VCC 1415; led by David Purcell.
- Perrone v Beston Skilled Labour Hire Pty Ltd  VCC 619; appeared unled.
- Eldridge v Hachette Australia Pty Ltd  VCC 751; led by Richard McGarvie QC.
- Srbinovski v Americold Logistics Ltd ; damages trial, led by the late Jeff Moore QC.
- Harris v DJD Earthmoving Pty Ltd  VCC 775; led by the late Jeff Moore QC;
- Pepper v Woolworths Limited  VCC 1030; appeared unled.
The information referred to above has been supplied by the barrister concerned. Neither Lennon’s List Barristers nor The Victorian Bar Inc have independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and neither accepts any responsibility in that regard.