Monash University B.E, LLB 1980-1984
- Admitted to Practice Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1985 -1991 – Holding Redlich, commencing employment as an articled clerk – articled to Mr. Ross Betts, then progressing to lawyer and senior associate practicing in workers compensation litigation.
- 1991-2006 – Slater & Gordon. I commenced employment with Slater & Gordon as a senior associate working in the Melbourne and Footscray Offices. I then progressed to Partner and then Managing Partner of the Dandenong Office for a period of 6 years. During this time I practiced in workers compensation, transport accident, and public liability matters in the statutory benefits and common law jurisdictions, whilst also managing an office of 20 lawyers, associates and administrative staff.
- 2006-2013 – Victorian Workcover Authority. As Senior Legal Counsel I was responsible for managing the legal panel (6 law firms) that performed litigation on behalf of the VWA. Providing instructions on common law, statutory benefits and S. 138 recoveries litigation. I was also responsible for policy development and legislative reform.
- 2013-2014 – Wisewould Mahony, Consultant. Common law and statutory benefits litigation in the workcover practice
- 2014-2015 – Hall and Wilcox, senior associate. Common law and statutory benefits litigation in the workcover practice.
- 2015-2016 – Parental duties, travel and study
- Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Personal Injury Specialist
1994 to present
- Member of the Personal Injury Law Advisory Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria
2008 to 2019
Sign the Bar Roll on 5 May 2016.
I was appointed as a Board Member of the Victorian Building Authority in October 2021 for a period of three years.
I was appointed as a Board Member of the Country Fire Authority in June 2016 for a period of three years (June 2019 – reappointed by the Governor in Council for a further three year term). I resigned from the CFA Board effective 31 December 2021.
The information referred to above has been supplied by the barrister concerned. Neither Lennon’s List Barristers nor The Victorian Bar Inc have independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and neither accepts any responsibility in that regard.